Product code: #6268$200.00 Excl. Sales Tax
Bulk purchase discounts
Register / log in to your account to see any bulk purchase discounts
The training and certification of passenger ship tender boat drivers has historically been managed by shipping companies who have devised their own training programs and issued their own certificate. Today, standards exist on the construction, equipment and training of personnel operating tender boats however, this training is inconsistent among operators, varies in quality and often ignores modern eLearning capabilities.
In response to the need for standardized training in the passenger ship industry, Ocean Technologies Group has developed this Tender Boat Operator training course. The course, based on IMO Guidelines and industry input, aims to provide a consistent and high-quality approach to training.
This course adheres to IMO Guidelines and covers the six industry competencies specified in MSC.1/Circ.1417. It incorporates practical onboard training, which must be confirmed through a company letter and submitted to the OTG course department, along with the remaining course documentation.
What you'll learn
Take charge of a tender boat during and after launch
Operate a tender boat engine(s)
Manage passengers during normal tender operations
Use communication and navigational equipment
Operate and manoeuvre tender boats
The course includes the following components.
- Launching and Recovery
- Engine Operation and Instrumentation
- Passenger Handling
- Communication and Navigational Equipment
- Operation and Manoeuvring
- Emergency Procedures
- Provide documentary evidence of having achieved the required standard of competence to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities listed in column 1 of the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) Code, tables A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3 and A-VI/1-4
- be the holder of a Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats
- meet the STCW requirements of medical fitness, particularly regarding eyesight and hearing
- IMO MSC.1/Circ 1417 – Guidelines for Passenger Ship Tenders
Available In Languages