Product code: #6304-N$600.00 Excl. Sales Tax
On board tankers carrying oil, chemicals or gas the crew must have special competences to minimize the risk the cargo represents to the ship, the crew and the environment. Therefore it is a requirement that officers and ratings assigned to specific duties and responsibilities related to cargo or cargo equipment complete a basic training course for oil, gas, and chemical tanker operations.
This course provides an introduction to liquefied gas tankers and imparts the basic knowledge needed to serve as a member of the crew on this type of vessel and undertake specific duties relating to cargo and cargo equipment. The course is designed to prepare learners for the advanced course in liquefied gas tanker operations (available from OTG) and to meet the specialised training requirements for personnel on certain types of ship under Chapter V of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended by the 2010 Manila amendments.
On completion of this course you will receive a Documentary Evidence from Ocean Technologies Group, powered by Videotel and Seagull.
Please note: The assessment part of this course must be completed onboard ship or onshore in the offices of a registered shipping company or maritime institution. The Master/senior officer onboard or a senior official onshore must sign and stamp your application form to verify they have directly supervised your eLearning assessment(s). Please refer to the 'approvals' section below for further information.
What you'll learn
Contribute to the safe cargo operations of a liquefied gas tanker
Take precautions to prevent hazards.
Apply occupational health and safety precautions and measures.
Respond to emergencies.
Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment from the release of liquefied gases.
The course includes the following components.
- Module #477.01 Basic Gas Tanker, Introduction
- Module #477.02 Basic Gas Tanker, The Physics of Liquefied Gases
- Module #477.03 Basic Gas Tanker, Hazards and their Management
- Module #477.04 Basic Gas Tanker, Ship Design and Equipment
- Module #477.05 Basic Gas Tanker, The Cargo Operational Cycle
- Module #477.06 Basic Gas Tanker, Gas Detection
- Module #477.07 Basic Gas Tanker, Safety and Pollution Prevention
- Module #477.08 Basic Gas Tanker, Cargo Firefighting
- Module #477.09 Basic Gas Tanker, Emergency Procedures
- Module #472.01 Tanker Fire Fighting, Response and Organization
- Module #472.02 Tanker Fire Fighting, Handling and Transportation Hazards
- Module #472.03 Tanker Fire Fighting, Agents and Equipment
- Module #477.10 Basic Gas Tanker, Assessment
- Workbook - Basic Gas Tanker (to be completed offline)
For a full list of course pre-requisites by Flag, please refer to the course Documentation List.
- Regulation V/1-2 and Section A-V/1-2 of the STCW Convention and Code (2010)
- IMO Model Course 1.04, 2014 Edition
- MNTB Tanker Training Courses Criteria, 2nd Edition
Maritime and Coastguard Agency, Norwegian Maritime Authority, Marshall Islands, Liberia Ship Registry
For MCA or NMA certification, this course must be completed under supervision, onboard ship.
This course may be accepted by other maritime administrations. Please contact us for details.
Available In Languages