Product code: #6370$600.00 Excl. Sales Tax
This course provides the basic training required by seafarers responsible for designated safety duties associated with the care, use and emergency response for vessels using fuels covered within the IGF Code. The course is designed to meet the specialised training requirements for personnel on certain types of ship under Chapter V of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended by the 2010 Manila amendments.
On completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Proficiency from Ocean Technologies Group, powered by Videotel.
Please note: The assessment part of this course must be completed onboard ship or onshore in the offices of a registered shipping company or maritime institution. The Master/senior officer onboard or a senior official onshore must sign and stamp your application form to verify they have directly supervised your eLearning assessment(s). For Flag approved courses, please refer to the 'approvals' section below for further information.
What you'll learn
Know the properties of fuels covered within the IGF Code and the hazards associated with their use as a fuel
Be able to apply health, safety and environmental precautions and measures in working on vessels using fuels covered within the IGF Code
Understand the transfer and storage process for fuels covered within the IGF Code.
The course includes the following components.
- Module #641.01 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, Introduction
- Module #641.02 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, The Physics of Liquefied Gas
- Module #641.03 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, Ship Design
- Module #641.04 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, Fuel Supply Arrangements
- Module #641.05 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, Hazards and Hazard Prevention
- Module #641.06 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, Operation, Maintenance and Safe Working Practices & Procedures
- Module #641.07 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, Safety Equipment and Protective Devices
- Module #641.08 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, Firefighting Operations
- Module #641.09 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, Emergency Procedures
- Module #641.10 Service on Ships Subject to the IGF Code, Assessment
- Workbook - IGF code
Please refer to the course Documentation Checklist for information about course pre-requisites.
This Basic Training for Service on Ships subject to the IGF Code has been developed in accordance with:
• Regulation V/3 and Section A-V/3 of the STCW Convention and Code (2010)
• IMO Model Course 7.13, 2019 Edition
• MNTB Course Criteria for Ships Using Fuels Covered within the IGF Code, 1st Edition.
This course may be accepted as evidence of compliance with STCW requirements for personnel serving on ships subject to the IGF Code.
Maritime and Coastguard Agency, Marshall Islands Registry, Liberian Registry
For MCA certification, this course must be completed onboard ship.
This course may be accepted by other maritime administrations. Please contact us for details.
Available In Languages