Product code: #6302-N$850.00 Excl. Sales Tax
On board a chemical tanker, understanding ship’s cargo handling systems, the cargos properties, and its hazards have the highest priority to maintain a safe ship. Therefore it is a requirement that all personnel on board an chemical tanker that have immediate responsibility for loading, discharging and handling of cargo must have must have an advanced training course for chemical tanker operations.
This course provides the specialist technical knowledge needed to serve on chemical tankers and be assigned specific duties relating to cargo handling and cargo equipment. The course is designed to meet the specialised training requirements for personnel on certain types of ship under the Chapter V of STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended by the 2010 Manila amendments.
On completion of this course you will receive a Documentary Evidence from Ocean Technologies Group, powered by Videotel and Seagull.
What you'll learn
Safely perform and monitor all cargo operations
Be familiar with physical and chemical properties of chemical cargoes
Take precautions to prevent hazards
Apply occupational health and safety precautions
Respond to emergencies
Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment
Monitor and control compliance with legislative requirements
The course includes the following components.
- Module #474.01 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Introduction
- Module #474.02 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Physics and Chemistry
- Module #474.03 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Hazards
- Module #474.04 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Legislation
- Module #474.05 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Ship Design, Cargo Containment and Ballast Systems
- Module #474.06 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Cargo Handling Systems
- Module #474.07 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Cargo Handling and Ballast Operations
- Module #474.08 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Tank Cleaning Operations
- Module #474.09 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Safety and Pollution Prevention
- Module #474.10 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Emergency Procedures
- Module #472.01 Tanker Fire Fighting, Response and Organization
- Module #472.02 Tanker Fire Fighting, Handling and Transportation Hazards
- Module #472.03 Tanker Fire Fighting, Agents and Equipment
- Module #474.11 Advanced Chemical Tanker, Assessment
- Workbook - Advanced Chemical Tanker
For a full list of course pre-requisites by Flag, please refer to the Documentation Checklist.
• Regulation V/1-1 and Section A-V/1-1 of the STCW Convention and Code (2010)
• IMO Model Course 1.03, 2016 Edition
• MNTB Tanker Training Courses Criteria, 2nd Edition
Maritime and Coastguard Agency, Norwegian Maritime Authority, Marshall Islands, Liberia Ship Registry
This course may be accepted by other maritime administrations. Please contact us for details.
Available In Languages