Product code: #6303-N$850.00 Excl. Sales Tax
On board an oil tanker, understanding the ship’s cargo handling systems, cargos properties, and its hazards have the highest priority to maintain a safe ship. Therefore it is a requirement that all personnel on board an oil tanker that have immediate responsibility for loading, discharging and handling of cargo must have must have an advanced training course for oil tanker operations.
This course provides the specialist technical knowledge needed to serve on oil tankers and be assigned specific duties relating to cargo handling and cargo equipment. The course is designed to meet the specialised training requirements for personnel on certain types of ship under the Chapter V of STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended by the 2010 Manila amendments.
On completion of this course you will receive a Documentary Evidence from Ocean Technologies Group, powered by Marlins, Seagull and Videotel.
Please note: Three flag approved certificates are available: please check which flag approval you need before purchasing as requirements vary.
To obtain a certificate with MCA/NMA flag approval – you must complete the assessment part of this course on board ship. The Master/senior officer onboard must sign and stamp your application form to verify they have directly supervised your eLearning assessment(s).
To obtain a certificate with Liberia flag approval - you can complete this course and assessment either on board or on shore in the offices of a registered shipping company or maritime institution.
The Master/senior officer onboard or a senior official onshore must sign and stamp your application form to verify they have directly supervised your eLearning assessment(s).
Please refer to the 'approvals' section below for further information.
What you'll learn
Safely perform and monitor all cargo operations
Be familiar with physical and chemical properties of oil cargoes
Take precautions to prevent hazards
Apply occupational health and safety precautions
Respond to emergencies
Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment
Monitor and control compliance with legislative requirements
The course includes the following components.
- Module #473.01 Advanced Oil Tanker, Introduction
- Module #473.02 Advanced Oil Tanker, Physics and Chemistry of Petroleum
- Module #473.03 Advanced Oil Tanker, Hazards and Their Management
- Module #473.04 Advanced Oil Tanker, Legislation
- Module #473.05 Advanced Oil Tanker, Ship Design and Equipment
- Module #473.06 Advanced Oil Tanker, Oil Tanker Operations
- Module #473.07 Advanced Oil Tanker, Inert Gas Systems
- Module #473.08 Advanced Oil Tanker, Crude Oil Washing (COW)
- Module #473.09 Advanced Oil Tanker, Safety and Pollution Prevention
- Module #473.10 Advanced Oil Tanker, Emergency Procedures
- Module #472.01 Tanker Fire Fighting, Response and Organization
- Module #472.02 Tanker Fire Fighting, Handling and Transportation Hazards
- Module #472.03 Tanker Fire Fighting, Agents and Equipment
- Module #473.11 Advanced Oil Tanker, Assessment
- Workbook - Advanced Oil Tanker (to be completed offline)
For a full list of course pre-requisites by Flag, please refer to the Documentation Checklist.
You may follow this flowchart to see which Flag approved certificate you can apply for.
• Regulation V/1-1 and Section A-V/1-1 of the STCW Convention and Code (2010)
• IMO Model Course 1.02, 2015 Edition
• MNTB Tanker Training Courses Criteria, 2nd Edition
Maritime and Coastguard Agency, Norwegian Maritime Authority, Liberia Ship Registry
For MCA or NMA certification, this course must be completed under supervision, onboard ship.
This course may be accepted by other maritime administrations. Please contact us for details.
Available In Languages